Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Year Without Sex

Super-dad and I went to the movies today - the 11am session, followed by lunch at TiAmo, and wandering Lygon street (with a long nosey in BBold to top it all off).

Bliss.

GMa is here to look after baby-Lo, or vice versa.

The film? Beautiful.

It is so simple and real and engrossing. I don't know what it is about having had a child, but I find myself so easily moved - this film was filled with loads of real candid teary moments for me. Some striking lines and vignettes - so many moments you're filled with what might go wrong (and doesn't) and minutes later filled with hope for what might happen (and doesn't).

We chatted about it for ages over lunch, and again on the drive home.

Favourite lines: "I bought you another cow so you'd have two". "For my second wife, I choose you".

No comments:

Post a Comment